Emirates Scholar Research Center - Research Publishing & Indexing Center

Identification Of Online Recruitment Fraud (ORF) Through Predictive Models

Authors: Riktesh Srivastava

Journal:  Emirati Journal Of Business, Economics And Social Studies

Publication Date:  Vol 1 Issue 1, ( 2022 )

Keywords:  Artificial Neural Networks, Logistic Regression, Stochastic Gradient Descent, CA, Precision, Recall, Online Recruitment Fraud (ORF).


Job Postings Online Have Become Popular These Days Due To Connecting To Job Seekers Around The World. There Are Also Instances Where The Fraudulent Employer Posts A Job Online And Expects People To Apply To These Postings. These Fraudulent Employers Impend Job Seekers’ Privacy, Spawns Fake Job Offers, And Wanes. We Perceived That Most Of The Online Recruitment Fraud (ORF) Has Matching Features. Though The User Cannot Categorize Them, We Propose Using Various Predictive Models Like Support Vector Machine (SVM), Artificial Neural Network (ANN), Random Forest, Naïve Bayes, Or Logistics Regression To Detect Them Effortlessly. Dataset With 17780 Job Postings Was Downloaded From Kaggle To Identify Which Proposed Model Best Predicts The Fraudulent Job Posting. The Dataset Includes 14 Features To Determine Whether Online Job Posting Is Fraudulent Or Non-Fraudulent. 70% Of These Job Postings Train The Model, And The Remaining 30% Test The Model’s Efficiency. The Outcomes Of Each Model Are Predicted Using Four Evaluation Metrics – Classification Accuracy (CA), Precision, Recall And F-1 Score. The Research Found Its Suitability From Two Sides: The Websites Can Identify Fake Jobs Before Being Published, And Job Seekers Are Sheltered From Fraudulent Job Postings.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to top
Browse Tags